Monday, February 20, 2012

Unexpected Purchases

I went to Tiendesitas today with the sole intention of buying dog food. I even decided to leave the dogs home to avoid any temptation of buying unnecessary stuff and other blings. The not buying anything for the dogs was a success. I tripped on the part of not buying anything for myself.

We decided to go over to SM Hypermarket for lunch since I saw some flies on the food being sold in the Tiendesitas food court. It was gross!!! We were in the mood for something grilled so we headed for lunch at Reyes Barbeque in the SM food court. After lunch, I decided to go to Watson's to check for VCO for the dogs. No success on the VCO part but I saw that they were having a promo on Potion IVI Premium Collagen Powder Drink.


Now, I've been quite curious about this collagen drink that has Gretchen as an endorser. I am a big fan of Gretchen despite her bitchiness, her life dramas and all that gold digger allegation. Collagen, a necessary protein for the skin, are a dime dozen in salons and Watsons in the form of facial masks. I know a few who are even taking weekly collagen shots to maintain their skin. Aside from the cost though, I cannot imagine myself taking weekly collagen injections nor having weekly facial mask. Thus, a collagen drink sounds the perfect thing for me.

At P1,610.00 per box of 14 or P115 per sachet, IVI was to pricey for me.  I decided to bring the IVI brochure and showed it to hubby. Thankfully, he got the message and bought 2 boxes for me. Woohoo!!!



While waiting for hubby to pay for the purchases, one of the sales staff told my daughter that she will fix her hair.  She showed us this hair iron which curled hair so easily. My daughter looked like a Barbie doll in a few minutes!!!

My daughter and I just had our hair curled at David's in SM Molino a month ago and I must say I was disappointed with the results. This curler though did what I had in mind for our hair. Knowing how sales staff are especially trained to make using gadgets like this very easy, I tried the thing on for myself. It was indeed easy to use. The curls were easy to make and it's a straightening iron too. Sold!!! There goes my remaining cash for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment